I had to work the Forest Service booth at the festival again this year, but the kids really enjoyed all the bouncy rides, the games and the food for me. This was Keegan's favorite ride - you can't tell in the picture, but that slide is REALLY tall!! He went on it over and over and over again.
Later in the evening, we headed down to the high school ball diamonds to set up our area to watch the fire works. Heber/Overgaard has the best fireworks display I have ever seen. They are just fantastic. You have to get there early, though, if you want a good spot right under them all. We headed down at about 5:30pm and the fields were almost completely full.
Colin and Zach only like to go for the light up swords that are sold there, I think. They have so much fun playing and running around for the hours we wait for the fireworks to start. Good thing we , and the friends we sat with, came prepared with lots of food, water and card games!!
Keegan and Colin sword fighting
I just want to say thank you to my dear husband and to every other soldier, airman and sailor who have put their lives on the line to ensure the freedoms we enjoy and take for granted today. We did not get where we are in this country by being liberal or socialist and I am so afraid of where our country is headed, but for now, we live in the greatest country on Earth and we have all our troops; past, present and future, to thank for it. Also, my heart goes out to the families left behind to deal with day to day life while their soldiers are away defending our freedoms. Happy Independence Day!





No comments:
Post a Comment