Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Family Home Evening and guns DO go together!

After seeing fabulous marshmallow guns at the 4th of July Festival, the boys just had to have one, but I was not about to pay $6 each!! So, for FHE, we went down to the local Ace Hardware store and bought all the parts for less than $6 for 3 guns.

Of course, I had to cut the 6 feet of pvc pipe into the required lengths with my mini hacksaw - all the good tools are packed!!

After about 20 minutes of sawing, this is what we had

Then the assembly startsAnd finally, the finished (almost) product

Of course, they have to be painted - Autumn decided to help out with this portion of the project.

And the final finished products - except the bottom one which has since been painted more. The boys were so proud of their handiwork and now I have marshmallows all over my front room!! For outside play only!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Those look like so much fun. What a fun mom you are.

Rebecca said...

Those look like so much fun. What a fun mom you are.