Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pictures galore

I guess it's time to clear the memory card on my camera - prepare yourself!!

Colin and Zachary are playing on the same Little League baseball team this year, which has been so nice!! Only one schedule!! They have enjoyed going undefeated after 7 games. They still have 3 weeks left, so we shall see. They are getting better with every game and are really enjoying the pitching machine. I would take pictures during the actual games, but I am the official score keeper, which keeps me busy.








Zach's 1st grade class went on a field trip to Legacy Lodge and I was lucky enough to be able to chaperone. This lodge is somewhere around 20,000 square feet and is just amazing. the kids weren't allowed inside the lodge itself, but had a great time playing on the grounds, feeding the HUGE trout (where was my fishing pole?), seeing the llamas and playing games like the limbo, water balloon catch and the 3-legged race.
















































We decided to get out of the house on Monday, Memorial Day, since I had to work the rest of the weekend. We went down to Woods Canyon Lake and went fishing. We snagged a few tiny fish, but nothing worth keeping. I think the bigger ones were full from the weekend. The boys had a great time, anyway, until it started to rain, that is.














































































































































Over the Memorial day weekend, I was lucky enough to get on the Bald Eagle patrol - keeping the public out of the area where we have a nest of baby bald eagles. I was right under the nest when the mom flew in with a fish in her talons and started feeding it to the chicks. If I had a better camera, I could have gotten a picture of her landing, but alas, all I had was my phone. If you look closely, you can see parts of the eagles here and there, lol. It was really amazing.














Zach loves to help me in the kitchen - he will even give up tv and video games to come help me. he thinks he want to be a chef when he grows up. Here he is helping me make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.




















































And just some random pics of the kids eating watermelon with one of their friends, Seth Despain.














































Hope you enjoyed!!

No comments: