Ok, so we are moving again, and when I say 'we', I mean I will be doing the moving. Parry is leaving us for the Middle East next month and as soon as he is gone, the kids and I are traveling the 1509.30 miles to Mississippi to pick up our trailer and 4-wheelers. When we get back to AZ, we will be renting a u-haul and packing all of our stuff up, once again, and moving to Twin Falls, ID. We will need 2 extra drivers, if anyone wants to volunteer to drive from Overgaard to Twin Falls - it's only about a 15 hour drive!! It'll be fun!!Now, don't take this to mean that we are leaving Parry - oh no, we wouldn't do that. We are just making the move while he is gone because, frankly, I have no desire to be here in AZ, especially without him.
I have gotten a position with the Forest Service in Burley as an Asst Engine Captain and they will be doing a lateral reassignment, so there is no application, waiting to hear if I made the selection committee, waiting some more, checking the mail every day for a rejection letter, and on and on. We just need to negotiate a start date.
Also, I am working with the recruiters in Salt Lake City, UT for the Air Guard. They have 3 Airborne Linguist positions - 2 Korean and 1 Spanish. I have to go through the Military Entrance Processing Station for my physical where I get to duck walk in my underwear once again and take the Defense Language Aptitude Battery test. After all of that (if I pass), I get a school date for the Defense Language Insitute in Monterey Bay, CA. Depending on which language I get, I will be there either 25 weeks for Spanish or 63 weeks for Korean. I'm not sure which one I would rather. Spanish would be very beneficial, but Korean would be of greater use to the military, I think. After that, it's a year long training in SLC, UT and then back to Idaho.
Parry might want to become a high school teacher and football coach, but that's another story altogether. For now, he is going to the Middle East, coming back to AZ for a little while and then will be joining the rest of us wherever we might be at that time. The rest is still an unknown, but we are okay with that. Life goes on and we will figure it out as it goes!


1 comment:
Yay! I'm excited to have you guys closer!
Post a Comment