


Well, Monday morning came and we woke up to about 10" of snow on the ground. School, of course, was cancelled for the day, much to my chagrin. So I decided to bribe the kids with sledding if they would help out with getting the house clean. Mondays are usually my days to clean up and recover from the weekend. Autumn was a willing participant and we got the kitchen done. The boys, however, weren't so cooperative. They finally did help pick up the front room when they figured out that I was serious about sledding.
Parry took off work after lunch and we went down to a little hill off of the highway and went sledding for a couple hours. The kids had a blast, even Keegan, until he fell face first into the snow! Colin made some friends while we were there and got to try his hand at snowboarding. The roads were terrible, but we slipped and slid our way home. It snowed ALL DAY!!
The kids are home from school again today, but I don't know if we are going to venture out, except to go vote in the primaries. I considered driving to Idaho to be there when Alicia has baby Emma, but I was talked out of it. The roads from here to there are covered in snow. I sure wish I could be there! We are so excited for her and for our newest little niece. Isn't she the cutest little thing you've ever seen?
Oh, and did I mention that we had some babies of our own?? We now have 6 hamsters!! 3 adults and 3 babies. They're about 5 or 6 weeks old, we figure.











No comments:
Post a Comment