Saturday, February 2, 2008

Our Fun Date

Parry hooked up with one of the guys he works with and we all went out shooting today. It was so much fun!! I wish we had our camera with us. We shot a 22, a 22 revolver (so tiny!!), a couple 9mm's, a 38 revolver, a 380 and 2 45's. One was the coveted Glock 30 and Parry announced that he is going to buy it for our anniversary!! It is such an awesome gun! It shoots so smoothly and fits just perfectly in my hand. I have to brag a little, though. I was a better shot than both of the men! I just feel right with a gun in my hands! I love the smell of gun powder and it is so exhilerating just to shoot at targets. I think we might have to go hunting this year. Maybe we can talk mom and dad into bringing Parry's shotguns down from Boise when they come in March.

What was dually amazing was that the house was still standing and the kids were actually getting along when we returned home!! It was a wonderful day, all in all.

We watched the rebroadcast of President Hinckley's funeral this evening and were touched by the beautiful service and the stories that were told. He was definitely a great man. The world is a sadder place without him. He will be sorely missed.

I get to teach the 10 and 11 year olds tomorrow in church- that should be interesting!!

No comments: