I just got home from taking Keegan and Zachary to a local Asian Market owned by Koreans. We spent a good 45 minutes looking at a bunch of different kinds of fish products, lots of rice and noodles and a bunch of stuff we weren't sure what was. I may be able to sound out the names of things in Korean, but knowing what they are is a different story. We ended up getting a variety of different rice cakes - some fruit flavored, some filled with red bean paste. Some, I haven't a clue what the filling is. I also got a Kim bop roll - Korean Sushi. It was about 6-8 inches long and had the most delicious pickled radish in it, along with a couple of different kinds of fish. It didn't even make it home, it was so good. Keegan got a melon flavored ice cream bar and Zach got a fish shaped ice cream sandwich of sorts that had a layer of red bean paste. Those Koreans sure do like their bean paste! The melon popsicle was delicious! I can't say as much for the bean paste fish. We also got the standard choco pies and Flavored dipping sticks. Oh, and I can't forget the Kim Chi...I tried it. It's not bad (not too bad, anyway) but my lips are still burning. I don't think that will be finished anytime soon.
I think I probably gained back the 10 pounds I've lost while I've been here. Between the 70g of carbs in each rice cake and the fruit and sugar smothered funnel cake at the fair, I think you can safely say I have fallen off the diet wagon. The funnel cake was worth it, anyway.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment