Oh, the joys of being back in active military training status. I don't think I've worn my blues since tech school which was what...10 years ago? I now get to wear them every Monday! Aren't you excited for me? I finally took the tags off and had the pants hemmed.
I am section leader and have a bunch of newbies I'm supposed to keep track of...joy, joy, joy. It's not too bad, so far. I still get lost on base everyday. I think I might be done in-processing, maybe. I made it to the medical and dental clinics today. Have to have an in processing dental cleaning. Yay.
There are a lot of Porsches here...everywhere I turn! I have to keep a napkin handy at all times to wipe my drool. They even have a dealership! I'm in heaven!
Other than the Porsches, though, it's kinda like living in the slums. The stores are really ratty, everything looks like it's old and crumbling...it's slummy. I expected more of a Sun Valley type area. Traffic is terrible - I'd almost be willing to say that the drivers here are as bad as Arkansas drivers! The freeway comes to a standstill if anyone tries to merge on - it's ridiculous. As soon as you pass the on ramps, everything speeds up again, until the next one.
Anyway, I like coming home every night to a hot cooked meal and my wonderful children. Parry's doing a pretty good job of Mr. Mom so far!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment