Friday, August 6, 2010

Monterey

People like to honk in Monterey. A lot. I feel like I'm in a different country. Everything is Asian or Hispanic and the roads are crazy. It's a challenge getting used to real military life again, too. I really do think they have a GPS scrambler on the base. I've never had to make so many u-turns in my life! Someone is sitting back having a good laugh. The house is full of boxes and we are slowly working our way through them. Other than that, I have enjoyed our stay. We've been to the beach once and got to see dolphins and seals. We ate a Bubba Gump's (tourist trap, I know) but it was fantastic.

I'm section leader at school - as if I don't have enough responsibility as it is - but the class seems to be pretty good. There are 3 Marines, 5 Airmen and 10 Army guys - 4 females and 14 males. The top ten GPA's during the 3rd semester get to go to Korea for immersion training - wouldn't that be completely amazing? That is my goal.

School from 0745 - 1545 M-F. Hopefully finance won't lose my orders this time and I will actually get paid. Cross your fingers!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: