Monday, March 15, 2010

And, we are up to date!! Woohoo!!

Okay, so now you've seen all the pictures from the last three months.  I will try to keep things up to date a little bit better from here on out!

Just some news on what's been going on with me - I have applied for a position here in Twin with the Police and Fire deptartment and have been going through a 3 month process to hopefully be getting a job offer in the next week or so.  I had my initial interview in January, and then took a Voice Stress Analysis - aka Lie Detector Test - which I'm not so sure is very accurate as it kept saying I was lying about my name and the county we were in, but who knows.  Then I had to undergo a psychological evaluation which consisted of 7 written tests and an interview with a psychologist.  I had to fill out a background investigation questionaire and just had my interview with the detective who will be doing the background investigation today.  Just as I was pulling up to the police station, I got an email about a job that I had applied for months and months ago with the FBI asking if I was still interested and if I would like to schedule an interview!! 

Why now??  I'm having a hard enough time deciding whether I should wait for a job offer from the police before I resign from the Forest Service and now this?  I'm supposed to report back down to AZ in 2 weeks! I would love to work for the FBI, but how long will that process take?  What if I get a job offer from the police?  If I don't get a job offer, do I go back down to AZ and work the fire season of stay here and hope that I get a job offer from the FBI??  Augh!!!

Also, I am researching my options of going back to school for my Masters Degree.  I am looking at either a masters in Political Science or an Masters of Public Administration.  Poli-Sci would be from ISU in Pocatello - where the FBI job is, by the way - and the MPA could be from Boise State, Idaho State or University of Idaho - it's an inter-university degree.  I think I am leaning toward the MPA, but first I must schedul my GRE - so much fun!!


I am thoroughly enjoying my time with the Utah Air National Guard, although I am still in limbo, waiting for a school date.  I am looking at other options there, too - other languages, other positions.  I hate waiting!!  I do enjoy the people I am working with and it's been fun so far - just waiting, waiting, waiting.

So that's about it - I'm working as a substitute teacher for the time being.  We'll see what the future has in store for me and the family!!  Thanks for reading and waiting patiently for me to get off my butt and get all my photos uploaded and organized!

No comments: