So, we've decided to make our family Christmases less about gifts and unnecessary spending and more about family and Christ. We are going to taking a family trip at Christmas time whenever possible and keep our presents to 3 for each - 1 from Santa, one from us parents and one from the sibling that gets their name. Other than that, we will have stockings and family fun without getting things we don't need and spending more than we should. Hopefully next year will be to someplace warm!! This year, we chose a little resort in Chelan, WA. We had hoped to get there the evening of the 18th, but the kids decided they would rather go to school for that day - what have I done wrong?!? Kids that would rather go to school than travel to our vacation destination?? And then, as we were making our rounds to drop off gifts, we got caught up in chasing a rabbit around the yard at my sister, April's house. Needless to say, we arrived in Chelan at about 3 in the morning on the 19th.
The week went by pretty uneventfully, except for the call to 911 while in Leavenworth because Keegan wanted to do a little shopping on his own and wandered down the block and around the corner from where we were. After about 20 minutes of panic, he spotted Parry - with the help of a nice, older couple - who had climbed up on the top of the sledding hill. I can't thank them enough!! he may drive me nuts at times, but I sure was glad to have him back in my arms!! (I'm pretty sure, anyway)
Once back at the condo, we all settled down for the evening. Keegan came in to ask why I was wearing my glasses and how my contacts went in my eyes to make me see. Little did I know he had been in the bathroom opening my contact case and dumping the only pair I brought into the toilet, which Parry then promptly peed on and flushed down the toilet before he asked me if I meant to throw them in there. Thanks, hun!! Luckily for all, I had my recently acquired contact prescription in my planner and was able to purchase a pair of contacts form the local Walmart - what would we do without them?
After a fun-filled week of activities, we headed out for home only to have the Durango break down about 4 miles out of town. The kids and I got to ride in the Durango on the back of the tow truck all the way back to town with no heat in below freezing temps - our little toesies about froze!! We booked a room in a little tiny, cheap hotel across from the auto repair shop. The tow truck driver told us the town was shut down until the next Tuesday!! Luckily for us, the owner of the auto shop decided to come in the next day to see if he was going to need to order any parts and was able to get us back on the road that day!! It was a pretty simple fix - sort of.
What an Experience!!!
Turns out, after taking the Durango in to get fixed here, the man who fixed it in Washington rerouted the throttle line incorrectly and put on a bad serpentine belt - but we made it home safe and mostly sound, so not too much harm done.


1 comment:
So I'm glad you guys all had fun for Christmas, and that you made it safe. But I've updated my blog a little bit, so your turn! Need some pictures of your latest happenings! Oh - and by the way - Emma loves the bubble machine... those will be on the next post...
Post a Comment