You know, the unemployed 30-something that lives in their parents' basement. That was me last week. Now, I am an employed 30-something living in my parents' basement, lol. Not only do I have 1 employer, but 3!
A lot has transpired in one week. I mentioned before that I was offered a linguist position with the UT Air National Guard. Well, Monday I drove down to SLC and made it official. I am now a paid member of the military again. I am a member of the 169th Intelligence Squadron based in SLC. We did all the paperwork and I scheduled my flight physical for next month. If we can get my clearance paperwork processed, I might be able to get into the Korean class starting in November. If that happens, Parry will stay with the kids in Idaho until the end of the semester and then come down to join me in CA. If not, we will all move down the end of January. I am excited and a bit anxious about all of the training. I've never had any difficulties in school and I just know that this is going to require a lot of time and study - something I've never had to do before. Thankfully, I have been blessed with the ability to learn languages fairly easily and I know that this is where the Lord wants me so I can further my mission here on this Earth. He will assist me, I am confident.
Also, I went in and talked to the owner of the local Curves and I am now an employee there. I've worked every day this week and it has been a lot of fun. It pays less than any job I've ever had, I think, but I get to work out whenever I want, it's a really fun, stress-free job and I can pretty much work whenever it is convenient for me, so it works out! I was surprised at how good the workout really is. It's less cardio than I am used to, but I work up a good sweat and I can feel it in my muscles!! I'll let you know what the results of my efforts are in a couple weeks! Gotta look good for Parry when he comes back!!
I am still an Forest Service employee, although on Leave Without Pay, but I think I will be tendering my resignation sometime in the near future. I have no intentions of returning to AZ and it's been really nice being home with the kids the last couple of weeks. I think we will just stick with the military for the time being and see what life brings after the 3 years of training. Who knows what will be happening in 3 years? I don't even know what is going to happen in the next 3 days!
On a sadder note, my fraternal grandmother passed away Monday while I was on my way to SLC. We knew it was coming - she has been fighting liver cancer for 4 years and was deteriorating quite rapidly the last little bit. She was a wonderful woman who lived a full life. She had several of her children present when she passed and, although it is a great loss to the family, we all know that she is in a much better state now - her mind and (spirit) body are restored. She wouldn't want us to mourn too much. The funeral is this Saturday and there will be hundreds of people there. She had 10 kids, 50+ grandkids and 122 great grandkids. I will always remember the day I spent with her as a teen learning how to make the perfect pie crust, spending hours creating intricate scenes to lay across the delicious cherries and apples she had canned. She was so patient and loving - never a cross word when I tore the crust or made mistakes. Her homemade bread was delicious - she taught me to make it, too. Her spirit was beautiful. She truly was a magnificent woman. I only hope that I can learn to be more like her as my life continues on.
It's taken no time for our lives to become busy again. The boys are all in swimming lessons, Colin has a scout pack meeting tonight, Autumn goes to her first stake dance this weekend and we have been busy, busy busy this week!! I don't know when life ever slows down, but I am ready for it now! It's been fun being around most of my brothers and sisters again. The kids have really enjoyed playing with their cousins and the hardly a day goes by that we don't visit the city pool. I still have a stack of boxes to sort through, but it will get done in time. We've gotten rid of white a bit of stuff already and I've made it through probably 50 or so boxes. How we accumulate so much stuff, I don't know. Luckily, the military will move us the next couple of times. That will make things so much nicer! I hate packing and unpacking!!
Poor Keegan has been traumatized by Parry's leaving and the whole Transformer movie deal - he prays every day that his dad won't die, among many other fun things his little mind comes up with, like that no one will take his bike and that his friends will come visit again, but the one constant is that his dad won't die. I'm sure he will get over it, but it is kind of sad that he is so worried and that he misses his daddy so much. Come home to us soon, Parry!!
I'm sure there's more to say, but I am drawing a blank at the moment. I have pictures to share, but they will have to wait for another time - time is so short for everything!! I wish there was a way to just pause the world and get the things done that I need to. If you ever figure out how, please let me know!!
Parry is still doing well. He sends his love to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment