Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And all the other details

Things are always harder when the family is not together and we have really missed having Parry here. It has been wonderful to have my family's help and support while he is gone. I need to give a huge, special thanks to the Heber 2nd ward Elders Quorum and the Twin Falls 9th ward Elders Quorum for helping us get the moving truck loaded and unloaded and for all the help we received from them. Also, a special thanks goes to Parry's Uncle Clarence and Aunt Shirley for letting us stay there in Monticello, UT and feeding us breakfast while we were travelling and to my uncle Kelvin and his wife, Gaylynn (spelling?? Sorry!) for putting us up for the night on such short notice in SLC. We couldn't have done it without all the help we received along the way! We are truly grateful!

Luckily, we live in an age where technology is abundant and, even though we are separated by thousands of miles, Parry has been able to keep in almost daily contact with us via e-mail, phonecalls and video chat. It took me a while to get the whole internet thing figured out here, but it has been great to be able to see Parry's face on the computer while we are talking. It makes the miles seem so much shorter.

Parry is doing well. He got his bus driver's license and now drives the bus back to the living quarters every night after work. He is working the day shift - 10am to 10pm 6 days a week, so his time is pretty much full. He spends his one day off a week catching up on sleep, laundry, church and chatting with us. I really wish I could be there with him, but I suppose the kids need me here more than he needs me there. parry has received a few care packages and wants all to know that he really appreciates them! If anyone else would like to send him anything, a letter, some goodies, whatever, his address is:

TSgt Parry Ryerse
379 EAMXS/340 AMU
KC-135 Maintenance
APO AE 09309

You can also e-mail him at pryerse@gmail.com

Our lives are always in a state of flux, it seems. It is always one adventure after another. I know that I have experienced things in the last few years that I never would have dreamed of. We are about to embark on another adventure and we are so excited! I have been offered and accepted a Korean Cryptological Linguist position with the Utah Air National Guard. They have school dates starting in November and January and we haven't decided which one would be best, as of yet. The Defense Language Insitute is located in Monterey Bay, CA. The school is about 15 months long and the family will be able to accompany me and live in onbase housing. The area looks really nice and the amenities offered by the military are incredible. There will be a few months of training in TX and WA after that and then a year of training on the equipment and weapons system in SLC, UT where we will live for that time. After that, there are many possibilities and we will look at those and decide what to do when the time comes. All in all, it is about 3 years of training and we couldn't be happier about this opportunity.

Autumn is going to return to Xavier Charter School and we have been trying to find uniforms and supplies all while getting her summer homework done. Colin and Zach will be attending Oregon Trail Elementary and we do need to go in and get them registered, at some point. Keegan will be staying home with me, unless I get a part time job at Curves, which I have been considering. It would just be for a few hours in the afternoons while the kids are at school, and the plus side is that I can work out for free!! That's what I need - more motivation to work out! mom has suggested I take a class at the College of Southern Idaho, and I might...we'll just have to see. I have a lot of stuff to do between now and the time I leave for CA. We'll just have to see what happens. We take one day at a time and go from there! Life is truly an adventure.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Angela - sounds like everything is going really good for you guys. Your life is pretty adventerous - what a fun way to go. Congrats on the Korean Linguist opportunity - I hope it all works out. I can't believe how big Keegan is - time sure flies.