Sunday, July 26, 2009

MEPS and the DLAB

We stopped for the night in Salt Lake City as I had an appt at 6am Thurs morning at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) for my military physical and the Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) test. Uncle Kelvin was kind enough to put us up for the night on very short notice. We left the caravan at the local Flying J and took the Durango around town - much more convenient!!

Thurs morning came very quickly!! I was one of the older people there taking the physical. As you can see in the pic - they are all about 18 or so!! Anyway, I passed the physical, half naked duck walk and all - didn't even get a positive pregnany test!! YAY!!! Then off to take the DLAB. I had some preconceived notions of what the test was going to be like, but after getting into it a little - they were all blown out of the water. It was a LOT more difficult and much different than I had anticipated, but apparently, I did really well on it. I scored 140 which, according to the testers, was one of the highest scores they had ever seen. I can learn any language the military offers with that score. I was pretty dang proud of myself!!

As soon as I was finished, I met up with Dad and Colin - who was travelling with Dad in the RV as his go-fer - and we headed home to Idaho!!

No comments: