Thursday, February 5, 2009

We are progressing

Well, the county has been out to inspect the electrical connections on the house and we got a green sticker, so we are good to go with pulling the wire and getting power to the house!! Now, we just have to get the owner to get some wire. Parry has offered to do the pulling. The next thing is getting a propane tank attached so we can heat the water and cook on the stove. We have actually been kind of enjoying not having some of the luxuries, like flushing toilets, stoves, lights...the list goes on! It has been a lot quieter without the computer, x-box, wii and all the arguments and sharing fights we used to have! It does make it a bit more difficult to update my blog, though.

We have been cooking dinner on our wood-burning stove and eating by candlelight. We told the kids that some people pay big bucks to eat with that atmosphere! Parry did finally get the DirecTv working in the RV, so when the sun starts to go down, the boys disappear into the RV to get their "Star Wars the Clone Wars" fix. Keegan calls it Star Horse the Clone Horse, which we all find quite amusing. There are a bunch of kids in the neighborhood, so while there is still light out, the boys are off riding their bikes and playing on the big dirt hill behind our house. It's been good to have them outside getting rid of some of their energy every night. I do end up feeding all the neighborhood kids snacks and drinks, though.

I am still trying to unpack and organize a little every night. It's made it a bit more difficult to get things done now that I am back working full time at the Forest Service. I really, REALLY enjoyed subbing and being able to be home with the kids for the last 2 months. If it were a guaranteed amount of days/hours, I would seriously think about quitting here and just doing that, but the guarantee just isn't there, dang it!! We need the money that I get to sit around and stare at a computer all day. The fire season doesn't start for a couple more months, so until then, I am stuck in the office.

Colin and Zach started Tae Kwon Do last night and I hope they enjoy it. It's going to be twice a week, put on by one of the teacher's I have substituted for quite a bit. I am a big supporter of martial arts and the discipline and respect they teach. I'm hoping it will help Colin learn to control his temper a bit - not sure where he got it from!!

Colin and Zach are still in scouts. Colin has moved up to the Bears and Zach has another year and a half as a Tiger before he can join our ward's cub scout troop. I have now become the Bear leader, with only 2 scouts in my Den. I enjoy doing activities with the scouts and it helps to have the Forest Service people and resources available to help the scouts earn their badges. Today we have my 2 scouts coming in to talk with our law enforcement officer and our biologist to sign off a few requirements.

Autumn is still up in Idaho with my mom and dad. She seems to be doing well in school and enjoying her stay. We miss her a lot and I was even surprised to find Colin on the phone with her for about 30 minutes the other day!! Keegan looks for her every now and then, but has decided that she is lost. Hopefully she will be coming down to visit for spring break next month!!

Keegan's birthday is coming up quickly. I can't believe he is almost 3 already!! He looks like he could be 4 or 5, but he is and always will be my baby. We aren't sure what exactly we are going to do for his birthday, but he is adamant about having a Dora cake. We will probably incorporate Dora and Boots into a Diego cake. I have found the invites we are going to use:

It's just going to be a small party and his sitter has offered to let us have it at her house - she is such a sweetie!! I am headed to Walmart this week to see if they have any Diego party supplies. If not, we will just have to print off a few things and make do with what we can find! His birthday falls on Friday the 13th this year - the luckiest day of them all!!

That's about it - we are still praying for one of the many jobs to come through for Parry, so if you wouldn't mind adding that to your prayers for us as well, we would greatly appreciate it.

No comments: