Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Still Waiting...

We got power a little over a week ago, but still no water or propane. Supposedly, the propane tank is supposed to be delivered and installed today, but really, it doesn't do much good without water. at least we will have an oven, I guess - although we've gotten really good at using the wood burning stove, the crockpot, electric skillet and the griddle. Oh yes, and who could forget the microwave. It's made us become quite creative with our meals!!

They tried to turn the water on twice and had to turn it right back off because the pipes have frozen and burst...not sure when we will have a plumber come and fix all the pipes. Oh, the things we take for granted nowadays!! Flushing toilets, washing machines, dishwashers, showers...they told us in Sunday school that we have faith that when we flip a switch or turn on the faucet, we will have light and water...well, maybe I just don't have the right amount of faith!! It's always an adventure at our house!!

Keegan's 3rd birthday was Friday - we had the party Saturday and it all turned out really well. I will post pictures soon!! Supposedly the internet guy is supposed to be here tomorrow to get us back online!! Yay!!! I've been going through withdrawals!

I am back at work for the Forest Service full-time, but have been taking vacation days to continue to substitute teach at the schools - That's what I want to do, I've decided. I love jr high and high school!! Hopefully Parry will get a job offer soon and I can pursue my teaching certificate!! Pray for us!!

No comments: