Thursday, September 18, 2008

Remember the Care Bears??

Today as I was driving around, the sky was filled with those huge, white, fluffy, popcorn looking cumulous clouds and all I could think of were all the Care Bears that lived up in Care-a-Lot in those big, fluffy clouds...remember them from back in the 80's?? They used to slide down the rainbows in order to right some wrong or cheer up some sad kid?? I used to collect them and my mom made me all ten of the original bears - I still have most of them. She was awesome at making us all the popular toys, dolls and such that were all the craze growing up.



Do you remember the ten original ones? I can still name them - how pathetic am I??
There was Tenderheart Bear, Cheer Bear, Friend Bear, Grumpy Bear, Funshine Bear, Good Luck Bear, Bedtime Bear, Wish Bear, Birthday Bear and...Love-a-Lot Bear!!! I can't beleieve they are back!! My kids latched onto them for about a month, but that craze is over in my house. I still even have the Care Bear Quilt my mom made for me...what a special lady!

And, since I'm reminiscing about old cartoons...what about the Smurfs and the Snorks?? I loved them.

And who could forget Pinky and the Brain?? And the Animaniacs??


Pinky: Gee, Brain, what are we going to do tonight?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!

The Pinky and the Brain
The Pinky and the Brain
One is a genius, The other's insane...

Ah, the good old days of real, wholesome cartoons made for kids...I can't stand most of the cartoons out there today, with one exception. I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB!! If you haven't seen this cartoon, you must. I even sit and watch it with my kids with almost as much enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Those were the good ol' days. I am with you I can't stand half the cartoons now. I choose what cartoons my kids watch sometimes they have a choice.