Just a picture of the osprey hanging in Parry's office - Keegan loves to look at it, but won't get near it!!

Parry's and my 9th anniversary was on the 20th. We didn't do a whole lot, but I did buy 9 different flowers and 9 little gifts and took 8 of each to Parry's work and had people randomly drop them off in his office during the day. I had our new family pictures framed (for his office)and I also kept a red rose to give to him when he got home from work. He was a bit embarassed, I think, but he appreciated it!! I am making him take me to the Melting Pot the next time we go to the valley - hopefully this weekend! Parry has drill again this weekend. These are the flowers and some of the little gifts I got for Parry.
We got about 6 more inches of snow this week and the water main in Heber broke, so Autumn had no water at her school. After a 2 hour late start because of the snow, Autumn's school was let out after 3 hours - the minimum required time to call it a school day, lol...the boys stayed at school the whole day since their school is in Overgaard. I will be so happy when we have no more late starts and snow days!!
I worked Thursday at the Forest Service this week. I was supposed to work Friday, too, but Keegan got sick, so I was going to saty home with him. Friday morning came and Parry was sick, too, so I went to the training that Parry was supposed to be attending. It was awesome!! It was a seminar put on bt Pacific Institute, kind of a motivational training. The day I went was all about setting goals and seeing through the goals to the desired result. It was really informative and I think I have found my calling in life!! The FS is sending me to training to become a facilitator so I can teach the temporary and seasonal employees. They also said they would like to set up some training for the community, too, so that is going to be fun!! Maybe this is how I will reach thousands of people by means of communication and teach them what they should and should not do, as stated in my Patriarchal Blessing - who knows!! All I know is that I am so excited to be given this opportunity. I love teaching people and I love speaking in public.
I taught my 8-yr old class for the first time this Sunday. It was fun!! The time seemed to go a lot faster thatn normal. I will still miss sitting with Parry in class and being in relief society, but I think I will enjoy this calling. The kids are so fun at this age!! I know Colin likes having me there with him, too.
As most of you know, Parry and I are taking our family to the temple to be sealed together in March. It's been a long time coming, but we are so thankful for the ooportunity we have been given to become a family for time and eternity. We want to thank all the people who have helped us along the way - I'm sure I will leave some people out, so I'm not going to name everyone specifically, but our love and thanks goes out to both of our families, all our friends in Mississippi and all my online ladies. We seriously wouldn't be here without you guys!! We also need to thank our Heavenly Father for not giving up on us and for being there, in many different ways, just when we needed him. We definitely eouldn't be here without Him and His influence in our lives through friends and family. We are so excited to have so many of you coming to share this experience with us!
I also just want to send out a note of congratulations to all my brothers, sisters and friends who have had babies lately!! There have been 3 new additions to our family in the last few months and I have had several friends have new babies, as well. I've kind of had feelings of longing to have my own baby, again, and I think, because it is not physically possible for me anymore, that the feelings have been exaggerated. I love looking at all the pictures and holding other's babies, but I really miss the feelings that you have when it's your own baby. I never thought I would have these feelings again, especially since I had such a hard time accepting the fact that I was pregnant again with Keegan, but there they are! I'm hoping that I can get my fill vicariously through all the new babies around me. They are all so precious!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Great family pics! Who knows, maybe there is something great for you in the public speaking. Thats exciting!
fun post! enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures!
Post a Comment