Monday, February 18, 2008

All in all, a very productive day..

The kids had a snow make-up day to day so we sent them off to school at 7:30 this morning!

Keegan had his 2 yr old well baby visit this morning in Snowflake at 9:00 and he was such a good boy!! He let the Dr check him over, answered all her questions and didn't even cry when he got his Hib shot!! The Dr was amazed that he is completely potty trained and that he is talking so much. She gave us parents credit, but I told her he was that way in spite of us! He now weighs 37.4 lbs, is 37.5 inches tall and his head is 51 cm. He is in the 97th percentile for both height and weight and in the 75th for head size. He is big for his age, but is proportionate! He's just going to be a big boy - my future football linebacker!! Go Packers!!!




After the Dr, we went to visit our friend who just had a baby girl on Friday. Her name is Madelyn May and she weighed 6 lbs 15 oz. She was so tiny!! I swear, her head was no bigger than my fist! She was so quiet and alert. This is the baby I would be watching, and her 15 month old brother, if I decide to stay home...she was so sweet!!!

Then on to the pet store where we dropped off the three baby hamsters. Much to our surprise, this morning as I was collecting the hamsters out of the cage, we came across more babies, probably only a couple days old!! I was going to take the mom back to the pet store, but we can't now until the babies are weaned. They are so small - no bigger then the tip of my pinkie finger, all naked and blind, lol...I think when they are about 5 weeks old, we will take all of them but one, along with the adults, back to the pet store and just keep the one so we don't have this problem anymore!

Then off to the tack shop to pick up some d-rings to make slings with and Keegan had to try on all the cowboy hats - i wish I had my camera with me! He was so cute, but we had to go to the adult small hats to get them to fit on his head!! And then we headed to the LDS book store to get Colin his scout patches and neckerchief slide. Of course, we had to pick up some other stuff, too...can't just get scouting stuff!! Plus, Keegan had to have his own little picture of ci-ci (Jesus).

Lastly, we went shopping at WalMart...can't live without that place!! We spent too much money and too much time there, but we should be good for a couple of weeks so we don't have to make the trek back to the big town of Showlow. We bought all our Valentine's Day stuff for next year. It is so much cheaper that way!! We do that for all the holidays now and just keep it in our closet for the next year!


Now we're back home and Parry and I are ready for bed!! It's been a long day. I need to find someone that has a sewing machine until I can get mine out of storage in April.

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this, but I have been called as the 8 yr old teacher in primary - I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know I'm going to miss Relief Society, but I'm sure there is a reason for me being in primary - even if it is just to keep and eye on my boys! Colin will be in my class this year.

No comments: