Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mom and Autumn are here!! (and a few other things)

Wow, I can't believe I have been learning Korean for 8 weeks, plus an extra week at the beginning learning English.  It seems like I have been here forever!!  Korean is, by far, the most challenging thing I have had to do.  I go from loving it one day to feeling overwhelmed and hating it the next.  I'm not a huge fam of the teaching method, but I am doing ok.  I have a 3.91 GPA.  I can't complain too much.  I'm just waiting for the day when it all finally clicks into place and I have that 'aha, I know Korean' moment.  Maybe in a few months.

At the 6 week mark, the university in Seoul had a writing contest for us.  We had the choice of writing and essay on friends or a poem on the ocean.  I chose the ocean.  14 lines later and I am going to an awards ceremony today to receive an award.  And, as luck would have it, Mom and Autumn flew in last night - not without mishap, though!!  They are going to be able to attend the ceremony!!

Mom left her wallet, ID, credit cards, everything on her desk at work and had to endure a 45 minute interrogation at the Boise airport before they would let her board the plane.  She did get to board and she is now here.  Dad is overnighting her ID to her so she doesn't have to go through the same hassle on the way home.  So much fun!!

Anyway, as soon as I learn how to make my computer type in Korean, I will post my poem...right now, I must sudy for my test today.  Wish me luck!!

No comments: