Thursday, April 15, 2010

Homework

Seriously, I hate my kids' homework. They don't spend enough time in school that they have to come home and spend their family time doing hours of homework? I understand a little bit of work to reinforce what they are learning, but packet upon packet of tedious, repetitive busy work? I would rather spend the time playing with my kids, reading with them, making things, having family night - ANYTHING! No wonder they don't want to do it. I feel it's an intrusion on the little time we have as a family and it certainly creates more stress for all of us. I wonder what would happen if I went on a homework strike for my kids, except the things I thought were useful and relevant...I'm exhausted.

I'm thankful for my boys and the way they play and think. They are so different from girls. God knew what he was doing when he only gave me one girl. Give me snakes and sticks, trucks and blocks, dirt and swords everyday over Barbies and dress-up, princesses and playing house, lace and frilly things. I am so not a girly girl.

I think I will go get a pedicure. Not because it's girly, mind you, but because it feels good and I can't get anyone at my house to rub my feet. Pink toes are nice, too.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: