Okay, so the pictures are in backwards order, but I am too tired to try to fix it. You will just have to deal or go home.
These are our delicious "chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting" that we had for dessert. They are actually meatloaf with mashed potatoes colored pink. They were served last, after our main meal. The kids had a great time testing all the foods. I even served it all to my dad who got a kick out of the whole thing. He ate everything but the 'fish sticks'
And here was the main dish - "fishsticks", "peas", and "sushi". The sauce is pear jelly with some red food coloring. The 'sushi' is rice crispy treats wrapped around gummy worms and wrapped in Fuit Rollups. The 'peas' are apple Laffy Taffy cut up and rolled into little balls.
All the "fish sticks" ready to be served
The making of the "peas"
"Fish sticks" in the making! Strawberry wafers smothered with peanut butter and coated with crushed Life cereal.
Breakfast cereal turning colors when the milk was poured in - the kids got a kick out of this one after drinking their jello drinks - we warmed them up so they could actually drink them, lol. Except for the youngest. He wanted to eat his jello as is.
It was a fun April Fools Day, except when my sister handed me her phone to talk to my brother and the ear piece was covered in vaseline. They got me good!
Today, I woke up, made some jello and poured it into drinking glasses with straws for my first April Fool's prank of the day. The kids won't be able to drink their juice! I also added a nice green worm to my daughter's apple for her lunch. I meant to buy gummy worms - I need them for our dinner, too - but I didn't make it to the store yesterday, so she gets a green piece of licorice with a little face drawn on it with food coloring markers!
Oh, I almost forgot. Okay, a little background about me. I hate the small inconveniences of life, like going to the bathroom, fixing my hair and putting on make-up, stopping to get gas - anything that takes time away from the task at hand. Well, I guess I waited too long to stop for gas and I ran out right as I was turning off a main street to pick my boys up from school yesterday. To make matters worse, I hadn't put on any shoes and hadn't done my hair or makeup at all, because I wasn't even going to be getting out of the car, right? I was just stopping to pick up my boys and go back home. Well, a nice gentleman stopped and pushed me to the side of the road and I called my dad to come help. I love my dad!! He picked me and the little sickie up, went to pick my boys up and took us to my sister's house so I could get some shoes and a gas can and then took us back to my car to get us on our way. Note to self - only 80 more miles after the empty tank light goes on!! What would we do without family?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
What craftiness you have for April fool's! That looks so fun! (and yummy)
Post a Comment