For September Drill, the entire guard showed up to celebrate Governor's Day. It was quite the sight - there were a lot of military members there for the event. I have to say that I am glad I didn't have to march through the stadium with them!

After the event, Parry and I took a tour of Temple Square. Neither on of us had been there in many years. It was amazing, as always. I even ran into a missionary from S Korea and learned a couple phrases in Korean from her.

We got to go into the
Tabernacle and enjoy part of an organ recital.

I especially liked these stones along with two more.


We also toured the Joseph Smith Memorial - so beautiful.

In the new conference center, they had all the pieces of art that were submitted for their art contest. this was one of my favorites - there were hundreds to choose from, though, and it was just mind boggling to view all the creativity.

The roof of the conference center
SLC Temple from the roof of the conference center

We had a great time talking with the missionaries, touring the buildings and enjoying the grounds. i can't wait to take the kids down there over Christmas - so beautiful!!
No comments:
Post a Comment