
Were you there? Did you hear the gutwrenching reports? I was driving around town when I heard the news reports of a 6 year old boy stranded in a home-made hot air balloon flying through the skies of Colorado. I had to drive straight to Amber's house to watch the news coverage (she's the only one with cable!) All I could think about was that Zachary is 7 and that could be him. I can't imagine what the parents were going through. I watched, mesmerized and terrified for the little boy as the balloon seemed to deflate and spin around and finally float to the ground. My heart stopped and tears pricked my eyes as it finally landed, somewhat gently, in an empty field - ideal situation - I said a quick prayer of thanks, until it was apparent the boy was not in there. I sincerely hope the boy is home somewhere hiding and didn't fall out, as some reports are speculating. I certainly hope it is not a hoax as I am fully emotionally caught up in this story. I couldn't image losing my child. Just thinking about it brings tears to the surface, blurring the letters as I type. My prayers are for the safety of the boy, no matter the situation. Please let him have gotten out before the balloon took off. Please let him be ok. I hope he is found and everything is fine.
Stay tuned! I have a parent-teacher conference to go to, and not the good kind. Ugh. Being a parent is never easy.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


No comments:
Post a Comment