Monday, September 21, 2009

Hair hair everywhere...

So, I've been experimenting with different ways to eliminate unwanted hair. There seems to be so much of it!! I have shaved most of my life and am just kind of tired of it.
I decided to try a professional waxing. I had my face, my legs and my armpits done. It was quite painful, especially the upper lip and chin!! Never again on the face (except the eyebrows)!! The legs weren't quite as painful, except down around the ankles. One bad thing about the legs and armpits, though, it that you have to let the hair grow out for 2 weeks before you wax and that was hard. I had a pedicure done and had to apologize for the fur coat my legs were wearing! There was also the issue of the leftover wax that turned black and didn't want to come of with even hot water and soap. It was also quite expensive, although the results were very nice. It took a little over a week to really start noticing the hair growing back in, and even then, it was finer and softer hair. Really nice.
I bought a home waxing kit, which I have yet to try, and some hair removal cream, which seems to work nicely, so far. It's a bit smelly and it takes a lot to cover your entire legs with 1/16th of an inch of cream, but it was fast and easy - 5 minutes and whala! No more hair!! I will have to wait and see how the hair comes back in - course and prickly, or soft and fine.
You will also have to wait to hear how the home waxing kit works and which one is more economical. it's all about the almighty dollar these days!! Come back soon!
Oh, how could I forget?!? i also bought the 'As Seen On TV' Smooth Away product. It's the one that has the 1500 grit sandpaper that you rub in circles across your hair and supposedly it disintergrates. There's a big one, about the size of your palm, for legs and big areas (back?) and a small one for the face and small areas. I used it - it works okay. The legs are hard to get completely smooth, especially around the knees and ankles. It kinda burns the face a bit...might use it every now and then. it works well on the back of the hand and the arm, lol - just testing! Kinda like the cream best, so far!

No comments: