We had a fabulous time celebrating Autumn's birthday finally and also celebrating my parents' 39 years of wedded bliss. I have had Luau stuff packed away for years without being able to throw a proper luau party, but I finally got to dust everything off and break it out. We had a great time cooking, decorating and partying. Even the water cooler got decorated.

Our neighbors showed up and even came in authentic luau wear.

We all enjoyed playing a few rounds of
Limbo - only a few muscles got pulled and a few heads got bruised. Even the big 'kids' got into it!
Autumn

Alicia

Amber

April

Cody!!!
Keegan
Brad

Dad even got into it for a couple rounds!
We had fun watching the different age groups compete in a hula hoop contest...I never was any good at hula hooping, so I was happy to see that all of my kids, even Keegan, could do it, even a little bit.

We all enjoyed each other's company,
chatted, had a good time.

Even the littlest ones had fun

The older boys had a great time playing
frisbee golf
While the young ones chatted the afternoon away

And the even younger ones got to go rounds and rounds in the back of the lawn mower trailer

Some of the kids just liked to jump around

While the "men" played horseshoes

We all enjoyed just being able to relax and have fun
Practicing for the hula hoop contest

Food! The best part of any party!!

We couldn't keep the little ones out of the fountain!

We had a plethora of desserts - yummy!!

And everyone thoroughly enjoyed creating their own Hawaiian haystacks

The kids enjoyed the swings in their grass skirts and flowery shirts

Even the boys liked wearing the skirts!!

I made some amazingly cute watermelon pops made out of jello, cream cheese and whipped cream. I wasn't sure if
they were going to turn out, but they looked great. The kids really enjoyed them!!

In the making...
Just some of the decorations...we love grandpa's pond!
We had a great time and thank everyone who showed up to celebrate these wonderful occasions. We will have to do it a lot more often!!
1 comment:
You got a lot of fun pictures! I'm going to have to get those from you too! Maybe those disks will be here before you come on the 4th, and we can have a picture swap!
Post a Comment