Friday, May 1, 2009
Physical training...again
Ok, so we started our morning workouts here at the Forest service for the fire folks and my first run was 4 miles long!! I did not run the entire thing, but I did most of it and I didn't stop. I was very proud of myself!! However, the next few days were pure torture. I could barely walk, let alone go up and down stairs! Every movement was painful. Tuesday I went to the weight room and, stupid me, did legs. Wednesday, I did not work out because Thursday I was walking the pack test with our biologist to help pace her - it's her first time. So Thursday, after drinking a lot of water and taking some ibuprofen, I walked 3 miles with a 45 lb pack in 42 minutes and 55 seconds. Not my best time, but she passed, so it is good enough. I will also be walking it with our two prevention seasonals when they take it, to help pace them and then once for myself, as well. Today, I did weights again, and I am feeling a bit like jello. It's all good for me, though, right? I would like to lose another 15 lbs and this is the right way to do it!! Wish me luck! It's nice to be paid to work out and get into shape! Gotta love the job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment