Ah, the memories...
Parry is leaving for a hot, dry, sandy place next month (location classified). He will only be gone for about 2.5-3 months. We have been there before - it's not bad, as long as you have sunglasses to keep from going sand blind and you plan on wearing lots of clothes to keep you from being sandblasted in the wind. They have a nice theater, a swimming pool, the jewelry is cheap and the food even cheaper. Want to buy a Harley and have it shipped to your house? You can, and it's all tax free!! (Tempting, but still a little expensive for our budget)
So, he is leaving us, which means that I will be a single mother all summer long again. No fire details for me! All the running, activities, household chores, work, everything involved in running a house and family will be upon my shoulders. BUT, he is doing his duty for our country, which I wholeheartedly believe in. I guess I'm just jealous. I wish it were me, or that we were going together again. But, we have 4 kids who need us here (or one of us, anyway). The paychecks will be nice. We are on the road to not having much indebtedness. Dang student loans and car loans!!
My advice to young people - DO NOT USE CREDIT CARDS UNLESS YOU CAN PAY THEM OFF EVERY SINGLE MONTH!! DO NOT BUY NEW CARS!! Used ones can look and run just as well as new without the new price. DO NOT GET STUDENT LOANS UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO!! LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS!! IT IS POSSIBLE!! (although we like to live as if we can and should have it all - spoiled, rotten, obese Americans! I love America, though, just in case you wanted to call me anti-American. I just think we (as in you, not me =) )have become a slovenly, lazy, entitlement-crazy society)
Back to my story - So, off to serve in the Iraqi Campaign again. We will miss our daddy and husband, but honestly, I think Parry and I have come to the conclusion that deployments and details are a good way to keep our marriage alive and kicking - makes us appreciate each other that much more and keep some of the excitement there. Sick and twisted? Maybe, but it works for us. Please pray for his safety (although he will be in a very safe place, considering where he could go) and my sanity. I think my sanity will be in more danger than his safety. I have less and less patience as I get older - especially for stupidity, so please don't bring any of it my way this summer.


2 comments:
I think it sounds like a good time to come visit for a month or so :)
We will be thinking of you guys! Good luck Parry - we appreciate both of you guys and your service to this country.
Post a Comment