So, I am a sinner - yes, I said it. I admit it. It's true. As hard as it is for me to actually form the words, I am not perfect. Pretty close, but not quite there. I have been thinking about this quite a lot for the last little while. I struggle every day to be good, to do the things I should, not do the things I shouldn't and to keep the thoughts in my head righteous (very much so easier said than done!) I am a very critical person and have become even more so of myself lately. I feel my impending doom if I do not straighten up. I do not want to be burned to stubble! I must change my ways! I must find the strength to withstand temptation!One of the ways I feel I can help this change to materialize is to spend more time in the temple. We have one only 30 minutes from us, which is very lucky in this world.
Anyway, on with my story. Friday night we were supposed to go to a session with our good friends, Ben and Andrea Despain. Unfortunately, Ben got called in to work, so Andrea offered to watch the boys so we could still go. We decided to do sealings instead of the session - I love the sealing rooms!!
There were a ton of people in there for sealings! I had never seen so many people in a sealing session - in fact, the last time we had done one, there was only one other couple. 2 of the couples had brought family names and, as it turned out, we needed every single person in that room in order to get through all the names, which we did.
It was amazing to me that all these couples, most of whom did not know each other (I knew no one), had decided to come to the temple and do sealings that night. There was one family that we did who had 6 sons! It just reaffirmed to me that this work is needed, is right and that we were meant to be there in the sealing room that night in order to facilitate this most sacred work. Also what amazed me was the feelings of joy and happiness that were present in the room. It was very peaceful, but everyone was smiling, a few were crying tears of joy and gratitude, it was just a very happy occasion. I have never felt that level of happiness in there before - just amazing.
Afterwards, in the Celestial Room, I just had to sit for an extra moment before I left to go back into the world of stress, busy, busy, busy, work, activities, sinning. for a moment in there, I felt perfect. It was quiet and so clean - no noise from the tv, video games, kids fighting, no temptations, no stress. It was wonderful. But, alas, we cannot stay in there forever. Recharged, we left to face the world again. I am looking forward to the next chance we have to go. Maybe Mesa Saturday night?


2 comments:
Thanks for sharing! What a beautiful experience.
Thanks for your post. Its such a good reminder that even in our craziness there is a place we can go where everything is OK. Thanks for your great example and testimony!
Post a Comment