After two days of adrenaline pumping fire fighting, today we are at our staging area in
Childress, waiting around to get activated to a fire, but it is nearly 5 and nothing yet, so we aren't expecting much. Have you tried to stay entertained while still keeping a 3 minute response time to a fire call? It's not easy. We (meaning the
dozer operator I am working with and myself) already took our 15 minute tour of the lovely (ha!) town of
Childress, ate lunch and are now back at the hotel. Have you watched daytime television lately? There is NOTHING of value on. I did get in about a 30 minute nap, but I just don't sleep well during the day (or night, here)- maybe we will get a fire call tomorrow. I've surfed the web, bid on something on
Ebay, read an Ensign (church mag), munched on some veggies and ranch...what else is there to do? Dinner should be coming up pretty soon - that will be fun...
Oh, I have some pics of the results of the fire from yesterday -

Our Engine got stuck trying to get to the fire,
lol...really stuck...good thing we had the
dozers available to pull it out!!

Lots and lots if power poles burned...

I have pics of the helicopter that was there to dump water on the fire, but they are at the office on a computer there, so I will have to oost those later...pretty cool...
No comments:
Post a Comment