Monday, December 8, 2008

Another move in our future??

I think it's going to happen - everything seems to be pointing us in that direction. The last, and most persuasive sign was a phone call I received late Saturday morning from our land lady. They have about 15 homes that they are unable to sell and so they are all going to be foreclosed on early in February. We need to be out by the end of January so the bank can take possession. If that wasn't enough, my fortune in my fortune cookie that day at our Chinese dinner states "Exits are only entrances for new experiences". Tell me that's not a sign!!

We've been praying for a change and a move and I think this is Heavenly Father's way of answering our prayers - in a roundabout way and not how we imagined (isn't that how it usually works?), but I just feel that it is so. It came to us immediately when we got that phone call - we didn't even have to think about it. I have been laid off for the season, Autumn is not doing well here, we don't like the area and we just don't feel like this is where we are supposed to be. It just makes sense that the kids and I move to Idaho and stay with my parents until one of Parry's job applications turns into a job offer. It is almost impossible to find a house here that is big enough for our family in a price range we can afford and, call me proud if you want, but I am not moving back into the Forest Service housing. We have the RV that Parry can stay in cheaply and, as soon as one of the jobs comes through, we will all move together. Hopefully it won't be for long, as the majority of the jobs close this month.

I am toying with the idea of going back to school and getting my teaching certificate so that I can teach school during the school year and fight fires during the summer. I can do that pretty much anywhere, so I would be as mobile as Parry's career needs me to be. I substitute taught for the first time today for a 2nd grade class and, although it was a bit more chaotic and noisy than I like things, I didn't hate it, lol...it was actually pretty fun. I think I would prefer high school age, but I did have a good time.

I know it will be hard to be separated from Parry once again, but we truly feel this is what's best for our family. We just need to sell all of our possessions so that moving is easier!! Anybody need anything?!?!

No comments: