Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Obama on abortion

I borrowed this from a friend's blog - but I can't agree more.

"I don't know how many of you have heard but Saturday August 16th at Saddleback Obama was asked 'at what point do babies have human rights?' Obama responded with some babble about getting into theology and science and how that was "above my pay grade." There is moral conviction guiding him, no inner belief that he can stand solidly on and say 'this is what I believe.' He didn't even give the typical liberal pro "choice" response of "personally I wouldn't choose abortion but I support a woman's right to 'choose.' The fact is, we know were Obama stands ..ion to the far left of the left. In the last week or so there has been more light shed on his extremely radical abortion views. While Mr. Obama was in the Illinois senate he voted at least 3 times against a bill that would have made it illegal for hospitals to allow infants who survived late term abortions to just be tossed aside like garbage to die. We find this out on top of his already known support for partial birth abortions. When the story first starting getting attention, he denied voting against the bill then he changed to 'there already was an Illinois law for this' (which there wasn't) then he changed to 'I voted against it because it didn't have any wording to protect Roe v. Wade,' then when a bill that was written to mirror a bill in the U.S. senate(that passed like 98-0) that had the clause to protect Roe v. Wade (a clause that he himself wrote as Chairman of that comittee) he voted against it again. The fact is the bill did not need wording to protect Roe v. Wade to begin with. The bill dealt directly with infants who survived late term abortions not a woman's 'right to choose.' This goes well beyond the usual thought of a pro choice argument that questions where life begins and if an embryo is a human life, this is a living breathing infant outside of the mother being left to die. To my friends who are supporting Obama, and you know who you are; how can you continue to support this guy (at this point I can't even call him a man) who has multiple times helped stop a bill that would stop the murder of surviving, LIVING infants? He obviously sees nothing wrong with this, he has yet to say 'this should not be happening' but continues to deny, change his story and offer more and more ridiculous excuses for this. This is what happens when a candidate for President does not get the proper scrutiny and examination into their background and people get caught up in his ability to read a speech and say what ever it is the people want to hear. We now have a candidate close to the Presidency, on top of all his other radical views, thoughts, words and friends, sees no harm in leaving an infant in a closet with the soiled laundry to die. This should be a game changer for all, but I know it won't be."

No comments: