Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memorial day Weekend

This is what I had to deal with all weekend. I worked the whole weekend and we spent the majority of it pulling silly city folk out of the snow ans mud. Seriously, who tries to drive a low-rider Honda Civic in this stuff?!? We had people out in shorts and flip-flops because they didn't think we'd "really have this much snow in May!" There was snow up to my knees in places. I had a fantastically fun weekend - a lot better then the ones stuck in the snow! We did end up lifting the campfire restrictions, though - our fire danger went down drastically with the snow.


Other than that, I have stayed really busy with work. Autumn had a fun week at girls camp, but came back pretty severely sunburned. The boys are enjoying still playing baseball and Parry stays busy between work, coaching t-ball and drill. He is headed for Ecuador with the military on the 15th for 2 weeks. I'm not sure how we will deal with that one and the hours I am working - I might have to cut down a little.

We finally got some of our stuff out of storage and the kids are really enjoying having the piano and out patio furniture. We don't have a/c in our house, so most of our days are spent sitting on the back patio. We are grilling a lot, too, because it's just too hot to cook.

1 comment:

rachel said...

I can't believe the snow! hope everything goes well during the Ecuador trip!