Thursday, February 28, 2008

We left the house!!

It was in the 60's today - can you believe it??? After working all morning on my month of shopping lists, Keegan and I straightened the house up and went for a walk to the park that's about 3/4 mile or so away. He rode in the wagon and I walked, lol...
He had so much fun!! I just couldn't stand being cooped up in the house any longer!







He spent a good half and hour finding rocks and lining them up on the back of the bench. He was so proud of all his rocks!! He would go find one, hold it up and say "big rock?" to get my approval and then balance it on the bench.




After school let out, a family showed up with a baby chihuahua and Keegan just followed it around the park for a good 10 minutes. It was pretty cute, as far as dogs go.


We walked back to daddy's office and visited for a while and then my visiting teachers showed up a couple hours early!! So we headed home. After my visiting teachers left, our friends from work who just had a baby showed up!! Keegan didn't want to have anything to do with the baby until Colin and Zach held her. She is so tiny!!



Colin had his blue and gold banquet Tuesday and it was so fun!! They celebrated the birthday of scouting and the Chinese New Year. His scout master made a ton of authentic chinese food - he went on his mission to China - and the boys had a really fun time playing games. Somehow, we go elected to take the dragon head home...

Autumn had New Beginnings Wednesday night and it was a lot of fun. They put on a fashions show of the stars - I wish I had had my camera with me!! Their theme song for the year is "Like the Stars" by Jenny Phillips - if you've never heard it, you need to. Check out the video at http://www.jennyphillips.com/freedownloads_pg/videos/LikeTheStars.wmv. They had ice cream for refreshments, but I didn't partake - not because I didn't want to, but because I had been to the dentist that afternoon and ice cream sounded a little cold and painful!! I opted for a cup full of whipped cream smothered in hot fudge and caramel!! It was lovely!!
Parry spent the afternoon cleaning out the garage so we can fit the new freezer in there that he bought me. Yay!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Its nice to finally get out, I'm glad it was a nice day. Looks like Keegan had fun.